Thursday, April 10, 2008

Journal 6


Software Review
Inspiration 8
1. how you liked the program (ease of your for you, how you think students would like it, etc.)
I thought the program was helpful for anyone. Both high schoolers and older would be able to easily navigate Inspiration 8. I would love to use this in my future English classes
2. how you could incorporate this software in your classroom (what projects could you see your students complete, etc.)
I think that this software would be useful for writing papers and outlining ideas for projects. Students could also use this for creative pieces. There are many photos available for students to illustrate their thoughts. I think that this would also be a good organizational project for students. This is also a good tool for extra credit opportunities that will improve student skills.
3. how you liked learning via Atomic Learning (or the concept of video self-tutorial in general).
I thought that the tutorials were helpful and clear in the information presented. I was able to understand all of the directions and try creative things that I would not have done without the tool. I was able to not only use the photos provided in the library, but I was also able to import other photos from my photos.

iMovie
1. how you liked the program (ease of your for you, how you think students would like it, etc.)
I liked using iMovie very much. I thought that it was easy to use and also fun. I liked all of the options that were on this program compared to Microsoft Movie Maker. I liked the control over the volume. I liked that I was able to adjust, remove, or mute the sound if desired. I also liked all of the special effects that could be used. I never knew that I could put rain or lightening in a film that I made. The program was not as basic as I had thought it would be. I was glad to be able to easily navigate through the program and understand the directions right away.
2. how you could incorporate this software in your classroom (what projects could you see your students complete, etc.)
This program would be useful for many different projects. As an English teacher I would assign projects that use iMovie to make a commercial for a book that was read. Students could also do a presentation for the class using this program. Having an assignment that uses this program will help students become familiar with different programs. This program would be helpful and fun for students to use in the classroom. I think students would find this program easy to use.

No comments: